Memorial Day is just around the corner and while it’s a day that we take to remember those who protected freedom in active military service, it’s also a day where many celebrate the unofficial start to summer. The celebrations can include picnics, trips to the beach, and cookouts.
Here are Canine Styles five dog-friendly tips for a successful Memorial Day weekend!
1. Have a pet-friendly party. If you have a fenced in backyard encourage your guests to bring their socialized dogs and make it into a celebration with your pups
2. Are the entrances and exits secured? Check fence gates, those are frequently left open or not shut properly. And for those of you with electric dog fences make sure your batteries are refreshed from last season.
3. Ask guests to resist food temptations. Avoid a trip to the vet and ask your guests to resist those sweet begging faces…
4. Bonfires, fireworks, horns and loud music can be super scary for our pups. Fireworks especially can cause trauma and stress. Keep your pets safely inside a sound-insulated room.
5. Say thank you to your dog for being your best friend by showing your dog some love with the following suggestions: